Have you been served with eviction court papers?

Learn what to do next:
1. Read the court paperwork to figure out your deadline to answer. Renters who have been served with eviction papers from the court only have FIVE business days to file a written Answer with the court.
2. Download, print, and fill out the free court forms from MontanaLawHelp.org.
3. File your written Answer with the Clerk of Court where the eviction lawsuit was filed by your deadline (5 business days after you were served). Mail a copy to your landlord.
4. Attend all your hearings.
5. Seek legal help if you have questions.

For more detailed information and links to our free forms, check out our article 5 Steps to Take When Served with Eviction Court Papers in Montana.

Need more help? If you want to speak with a lawyer about your eviction, contact us at 1(800) 666-6899 or apply online at MontanaLawHelp.org.