IRS now accepting ITIN renewals

As of yesterday, the IRS is accepting ITIN renewals for anyone who has an ITIN that will expire at the end of 2017. ITINs with middle digits of 70, 71, 72 or 80 and ITINs that have been not been used in the last three years will expire at the end of 2017.
We encourage anyone who needs an ITIN to file a tax return to apply for an ITIN early this year. You can find more information on ITINs on the IRS' website here:

If you have a tax problem and need legal help, Montana Legal Services Association's Low Income Tax Clinic may be able to assist you. Please contact 1-800-666-6899 to see if you are eligible for free tax law help.